FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND PRIX FORMAT
For a more comprehensive set of rules please email the FIM directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to their website www.fim-moto.com
WILD CARD AND TRACK RESERVES
16 riders compete in each meeting; with 2 Track Reserves on standby should a rider get injured during the meeting or excluded during a heat.
After the completion of Heat 20, 21 or 22:
When establishing the order between riders at the conclusion of Heat 20, or following the completion of the semi-finals (Heats 21 and 22), any ties will be solved as follows:
- Precedence will be given to the tied rider that has the most amount of 1st places (then 2nd places, then 3rd places).
- If they still cannot be separated, their placing will be determined by their head to head heat result.
If the tie still persists and involves more than 2 riders, it shall be checked whether there is a possibility to determine a proper precedence (Riders A, B & C) eg:
• Rider A has beaten rider B
• Rider A has beaten rider C
• Rider B has beaten rider C
Rider A would be ranked ahead of rider B then rider C
- If none of these solutions can resolve the tie, the precedence will go to the GP ranking of the rider from the start of the season.
RULES IN THE EVENT OF A TIE IN THE OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- If riders are tied in the Final FIM Speedway Grand Prix Championship Standings, the following will apply:
- Run-off for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
- Run off for 8th place (the final automatic qualification place for the following year's Grand Prix Series
- For all other placings, the lowest riding number jacket will be considered the better-placed rider.